So this is 2009.
The lastest phrase on the radio and tv is let this be 2000 and shine. Well I was hoping for 2009 to be divine but it seems to be off to a bumpy start.
I have had a nagging headache and litearlly a pain in the neck since new years eve which I am hoping to have solved at the Chiropracter tomorrow.
As a result I have been rather miserable, moody and tired for the last 5 days which never bodes well in a relationship and Andy has been bearing the brunt of this.
Apart from my aches and pains over the last few days I have had moments to reflect upon my life in 2008 and realised that it was 2000 and great afterall.
January 2008 - perhaps I just dont do well in January as this was a horrid time for me. I had worked all through December without a break and was in a job that certainly wasn't living up to any of the initial promises or expectations. I was tired and burnt out.
February 2008 - Still felt used and abused at work and was nearing my witts end and on the verge of tears at all times. Andrew and I refused to be drawn into commercial mayhem like Valentines day and instead enjoyed a quiet evening at home just loving each other.
March 2008 - I received a life changing call from my previous employer, went for the interview, accepted the offer and never looked back!
April 2008 - I turned 30 and I started my new job based from my home and felt like I was regaining control of my life. Andrew proposed in the most special and romantic way in Morgans Bay and I of course said Yes! The best month of the year by far!
May 2008 - Moms birthday, our Engagement party and Andrew and I moved in together which was hectic but fun.
June 2008 - My brothers birthday and long nights of hot chocolate and cuddles with my Andy.
July 2008 - Progressed well at work and thrived on working according to my own time and rules especially on the bitterly cold winter mornings when I was able to stay in bed just a little longer than if I'd been going off to an office job.
August 2008 - Andrew's sister Ruth's birthday, Andrews mums 65th birthday bash which was a huge success and the birth of Calvin, Andrew's nephew born to parents Ruth and Keith and brother Zack.
September 2008 - Spring was in the air and all was well.
October 2008 - Corrie's birthday, Andrew's birthday and Andrew visited his family in London and although I missed him it was a good time for all.
November 2008 - Rescued a feline family which was rewarding and fun. All busy busy at work!
December 2008 - my year end function at Durban harbour followed by the Midlands Meander which Andy and I thoroughly enjoyed. Cut my hair into a short bob, Our Christmas dinner with our friends, our holiday in St Lucia, Andy moved his business and staff into bigger and better premises, Christmas day with family and New Years Eve with friends. All in all a happy and busy month with lots of memories.
I do so hope that this year will be good to us but I also know that we are all largely responsible for our own good fortune and happiness and so I intend to make the most of it.
6 comments:
looking at your life month by month for 2008 show what a kaleidescope life really is. makes me pensive...
Hey Prixie! Why pensive? 2009 is finally picking up and looking better at last :) how are things on your side?
well you read my blog. you post just reminded me how change is constant and tha tlife is sneaky.
Such an interesting read, those glimpses from every month makes me wonder if I should do one myself. The newish job sounds wonderful, I'd love to one day be able to work from home or at least have a reasonable and flexible schedule that allows that when I want to.
Btw, how are the kitties doing?:)
Prixie: you are so right! I have become rather cynical as everytime my life seems great I am expecting that sneaky nasty to creep up.
Pia K: it really is wonderful to have some flexibility. I still work hard but if I need to do something I no longer need to apply weeks in advance for some time to do it! I believe many jobs will become "virtual" in the future.
The kittens are great! My mom took the mommy and 2 kittens and the other 2 went to good homes. I can now focus on my 3 again :)
Oh I so wish that is true, FF, a virtual job would be so up my alley, or at least part time, as I'm so not a 9-5 stuck in an office person:/ Where's the trust and flexibility from the employers' side, it all feels kind of one-sided in general.
That's lovely, new good homes for the kitties!:)
Post a Comment