We are fostering two 4 week old kittens.
They are so little and still require bottle feeding 3 times a day although they have started eating a few baby cat kibbles now too which is excellent progress.
It is so rewarding caring for such innocent litte creatures and seeing how quickly they respond and return our love.
The little girl loves to be held and touches my face with her eensy weensy paw and the little boy is very active and explores non stop.
We will foster them until they are old enough for vaccinations and can then be found permanent homes.
That is going to be very tough for me as I feel I have become the only mommy they know.
Andy has also been helping and snuggling them when he is home and taking photo's while I feed.This has been made possible by Merien of Kitty Haven and she is an inspiration and amazing woman!
The website is: www.kittyhaven.co.za
6 comments:
Now you've got my attention! They are really adorable. My daughter and I bottle fed two rescues in a row so we know what its all about. At least these are a bit bigger but the kits we fed were tiny tiny and needed feeds in the night. My one bottle fed rescued sadly disappeared suddenly from our yard 2 years back and I am still sad about that but my other bottlefed rescue is the mommy of my 4 latest kittens. I don't think I can do fostering anymore because I can't stand to see any of them go so be careful and enjoy!!
I know what you mean! I have no idea how I will give them back after feeding and nurturing them. They look up at me with their blue eyes and my heart melts!
Ah no that must have broken your heart when your kitty disappeared.
I need to give my 3 original kitties some attention this afternoon as I suspect they are thinking "whats up with this"
Ooooh... I just felt my heart melt into a big puddle of kitty love...
Hey, I'm back with a new blog! preggiepurringcat.blogspot.com
What you are doing is WONDERFUL. Go read my latest post. I'm willing to foster that little girl, if anyone wants her, but sadly we can't keep her. How cute those two are. How are you going to find homes? How are your cats reacting to the kittens?
Out of curiosity, what work do you do again? (Sorry, I can't remember if you've mentioned it already). Was just wondering what would allow you to foster and work at the same time.
Hi Kitty Cat! I am a Risk Manager. My company head office is in Pmb and I work remotely from a home office in Jhb which = lots of flexi time :)
Post a Comment