I am astounded that we are on the verge of receiving February salaries and entering the month of March!
It feels like just the other day that we were readying ourselves for the Festive Season and now Valentines day is toast and Easter eggs are on the shelves in every store already.
Remember when "2010" seemed like a very distant imaginary term and now it is less than 300 days away and my 31st birthday looms too.
They say time flies when you are having fun and yes I suppose I am!
I sometimes feel that our daily lives have become vaguely mundane but actually that couldn't be further from the truth.
We care for five cats, two of which are tiny kittens so there is always a lot of activity in the home. We crack jokes all the time. We manage the odd weekend away to fun and exciting places. We sing and laugh a lot. I often meet interesting people through my work. We get to sleep late and lounge around on Sundays which is bliss. We still enjoy playing our favourite songs really loud and going crazy once in a while. My mom lives nearby and I spend lots of quality time with her which always makes me happy.
When I take the time to listen to the genuine woes and troubles of others, I realise that my life is pretty footloose and fancy free.
2009: slow down a little, I'm rather enjoying you!
2 comments:
Lovely post, I agree, we need to be grateful for the small joys!
You never did say how your other 3 cats are reacting to your two foster babies? And when the babies are bigger, do you give them back to Kitty haven? How hard is that gonna be!!! I looked at their website, and even enquired about a cat, but they don't place cats down the coast.
That's so important, to make an inventory of one's life now and then, expecially when one thinks it's mundane, not enough accomplished, where did the time go and such. We all have our fair or not shares of worries and backlashes I guess, it's good to keep a percpective of them when things seem... less than good.
Good job with the wee kittens! I've had to supplement feed kittens 24-7 a few times when mum cat hasn't been interested/hasn't had enough milk. That's tough work in itself, I can't imagine how much work one has to put in when there's no mum cat at all...
PS, "Where does the time goes" is a great song by Julia Fordham, highly recommended listen:)
Post a Comment