Perhaps I am mean spirited but what is this nonsense of many varied establishments asking if you would like your change all of a sudden???
It seems that if you purchase items at a retail store, take away, quick shop etc etc and your change is less than R10.00 it has become customary for the staff to ask if you would like your change.
Oh my word! First we had to just accept that stores would continue to charge R9.95 but were not obliged to refund the customer the 5 cents which I think most of us actually thought was quite useful as who really wants the accrued shrapnel is our wallets anyway.
However, if you work it out, if a store has just 100 patrons in a day, and each does not receive their 5 cents change then someone is getting R1800 per annum.
I wonder who that someone is... hmmmmm.
Why then did the stores not just round up or heaven forbid round down the prices???
I bought take away dinner this evening and a rather snotty cashier was most put out that yes, I WOULD like my R8 odd change.
I spent money phoning in the order ahead, money on petrol to get there, money on the actual purchase, did not use their seating facilities or rest room and all he did was hand me a bag without so much as a slight grin so Bah to him, he was so not getting the change.
I wonder how many shy or embarrased people end up saying "oh, ok keep my change"?
No comments:
Post a Comment