Well we certainly had an eventful evening in our household last night.
I have been feeling a bit off colour since Sunday with a slight temperature, runny nose and burning throat. I dosed myself as usual with disprin and vitamins and carried on my merry way.
Last night I had just finished sending emails at around 9pm and came to relax on the couch with Andy but my asthma was really playing up and my Ventolin pump was not making it.
I then decided to rub some Vicks on my chest and throat and just go to bed.
That idea lasted all of 10 minutes as I started a horrid coughing spell and I don't remember the rest in clear detail other than being carried to the car by Andy and vague bits of the drive and then some nurse asking me how old I am and what my name is. I also remember being put into a wheel chair and my PJ bottoms coming down and trying to pull them up - oh hell how blind is that!
Anyhow, to cut a long story short, they put me on an oxygen mask with a defibrillator and Cortisone which started helping almost immediately.
I had some chest X-rays done too which I need to collect today with the final result.
It seems my tonsils have flared up and I have a bit of chest cold which probably set the asthma off in a big way and because you start panicking during an attack it also exacerbates the severity which is probably why this particular incident ended up in a hospital visit.
We were discharged at around midnight, got all my drugs at the dispensary and were back in bed around 1am.
My Andy is of course my hero!
I feel rather crap today but have two meetings that I have to get to and then I'll be coming home to get into bed again.
I'm really hoping to feel better ASAP as we are booked to fly to Cape Town tomorrow night for a wedding on Saturday and for Andy to ride the Argus on Sunday.
Talk about bad timing!
1 comment:
Shame, hun, hope you're feeling much better soon! That must've been a bit scary and panicky for you two.
Post a Comment