Monday, March 9, 2009

I need a kick start!

I have been feeling downright miserable what with chest problems, feeling generally ill and missing all the fun in Cape Town this weekend.
My problem with the medical profession is that they all too often treat one condition with a set of medication only to trigger something else which in turn requires more medication and may result in yet another set of symptoms.
For example, the Doctor on duty on Wed night prescribed anti-biotics which make me incredibly nauseous and so i bought some valoid which makes me so tired I could sleep through a re-enactment of Hiroshima! The anti-biotics have also made me feel really blue which is unusual for me. Then we have the new asthma pump which can cause a nasty oral thrush and so I am taking every precaution to avoid that.
Thank heavens I only have 2 days left on the anti-biotics and then I had better be feeling amazing!

This is my third set of anti-biotics in 7 years which will demonstrate my intense dislike of them and that I only take them under extreme duress.

So I plan to kick start this booty of mine next week and now I just need to decide HOW!
So far I had thought of starting Taebo, Yoga maybe even spinning. I also need to get out more as I find myself only too happy to be home with the cats which is all well and good but heck I may well turn into the old lady with smelly cats and no visitors other than the TV license inspectors!

Wishing everyone a fun week :)

2 comments:

BioniKat said...

Hey being an old lady with cats doesn't sound like such a bad thing. Maybe I'm one already?! Hope you feel better soon.

Unknown said...

Shame, so sorry to hear you're feeling ill. I also dislike antibiotics, and try to avoid them if necessary.
He he...I also think being an old lady holed up with cats doesn't sound half bad at all. In fact, it sounds heavenly. My idea of heaven - me, chocolate (which doesn't fatten) and a whole load of cats! Oh, and books!