My new gardener got stuck into all the bushes yesterday and as a result we had 5 black bags full of clippings along with the usual big black bin.
Today is garbage collection day and I heard mad hooting outside this morning so I went to see what was going on.
The garbage truck driver was refusing to take the black bags because they were not in the bin!!!
Well I tell you I let rip. I told him not to DARE ask for "Christmas" in December ever again and reminded him that for the passed 3 years without fail I had given them an envelope of cash to share for "Christmas".
I also told him that if they were not prepared to take the extra bags then why did they not just drive off, why hoot for me to come out???
I know exactly why - they wanted a tip for taking the extra bags!
I was having none of it.
They ended up taking the bags and I thought if that is not an example of everyday bribery and corruption then I don't know what is.
Grrrrr!
5 comments:
In KZN garbage removal only takes garden cuttings if in the separately purchased (expensive) orange bags. I sometimes hide my leaves etc in regular refuse but I have such a big garden that I have to make loads to the local dump!
Good for you for standing up to them!
Really? I wonder if they are using the cuttings for the compost that they also supply and therefore want it in a seperate bag?
I dont mind that but then they should say so and not just want money.
What an awful attitude! I know some garbage men in Sweden can refuse to take those kind of bags too, although there's never any hints of money involved. If there are specific reasons regarding this the garbage companies should at least have very easy attainable information on what the routines are. You might want to complain to the company in question or at least ask for what rules they apply to these situations. Good you told them off!:)
Oh the nerve! Good for you to stand up to them!!
Post a Comment