Monday, March 16, 2009

A very tough decision - feedback welcome!

The kittens are 8 weeks old today and by rights I should be re-homing them.
I desperately want to keep them but the reality is they are growing in size and playfulness day by day and I will not be able to keep them isolated for very much longer.
My cats are having none of it in terms of introduction and are piddling all over the house in protest so my dream of keeping them is seeming less and less likely. Added to all of this, I live in a complex and five cats in total is really pushing it.

I bumped into a lady at the vet a few weeks ago who said she would be interested when it was time to re-home them. I gave her a call today and she says that her boyfriend owns a small nursery and would like to take both kittens and keep them there. He does not have other pets there. He would be with them from 7am - 6pm and then they would sleep in the office section of the nursery. He loves animals but has Jack Russels at home so that is not an option but he thought having them with him at the nursery would work well.

I am just so torn as I had pictured them in a home sleeping on someones bed and cuddling on the couch and this is not quite the same.
I suppose that most pets are alone during the day so at least they would have company then and have each other at night and have loads of space to run around but something is tugging at my heart and saying it is not the most loving or ideal situation to place them in.

Shall I hold out and see what else comes along? I just worry that the other options will entail separating them but if it were for the sake of going to an amazing home with loads of attention and care and love then that would not be so bad.
I've told this chap that the kittens need two more weeks with me to grow a bit more just to buy myself some time to decide these precious little angels fate.

Oh man this is hard and I wish I knew what the future would hold so that I could choose correctly!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh boy, that is a tough one! But the nursery situation doesn't sound too bad, as long as the man loves cats and will treat them well. My cat hangs out in our office and loves all the attention during the day and disappears to wander at night anyway! I would say, think about it, but see if you find something better for them in the next two weeks. But it might not be that bad.