Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Heightened Sense Of Smell

I now have no doubt that cats have a heightened sense of smell. Storm can sniff out a tablet even in the most pungent of fishy cat foods. She also wont go near the blanket which was in the basket when we took her to the vet on Saturday. I have washed it and put it in the cupboard to accumulate new house smells and will try to endear her to it again next week.

A general update on our fabulous five:
Storm is still eating very well and generally being a happy cat. Words can not explain my relief and happiness although I know each day may bring a new onslaught of symptoms so I need to be prepared but still remain positive.
Odi and Prince have each taken up residence on a pillow on our bed. You know really! No wonder I have bouts of asthma attacks.
The kittens have discovered the heater and seem to love it. Budda was not tempted away from it even with a chocolate wrapper which usually has him leaping off the couch to get at it and play.
So cute!

I feel vague cold like symptoms coming on which I have been trying to ignore but I just might take a disprin before bed and hope it goes away!


2 comments:

BioniKat said...

Happy to hear that Storm is feeling a lot better. And I also get pushed off my pillow by my kitties. If I fall asleep on the couch I get so many kitties sleeping on my blanket that I get pushed off the couch and have to relocate to the other couch!

Mama Feline said...

Oh my word your home sounds just like mine. I was telling my mom just the other day that I may as well be a mother as I seldom have anything to myself - I have to share my food, my bed, blankets and spare cash gets spent on treats and toys for the cats!