Last night it was very much touch and go and I had prepared myself for two scenario's:
1.) Storm may pass quietly in the night and I may find her lifeless little body in the morning.
2.) Storm may have deteriorated badly during the night and be suffering and we would have to take her to the vet this morning for euthanasia.
Instead I was woken by my precious girl this morning. I thought I was hallucinating as I had taken some calming tablets last night so I jumped out of bed expecting to see it was not real.
There she was! Storm! Alive and wanting to be fed!
What a sweet sweet surprise.
She did not eat much though so I am off to the shops today to find all sorts of delicious things to offer her. The vet has also given me an appetite stimulant for her which I hope will do the trick. She took her medication like an angel which is also good as it aids the draining of fluid from her chest which is in essence what would kill her as she would slowly drown in that fluid.
I don't know if my Storm is with us through science, love, a miracle or a mix of all but I am just so happy it is so.
4 comments:
This is wonderful news!! :) I hope Storm continues to feel well for some time now! I'm so encouraged that she had pep for you when you woke up today.
It truly is like the saying goes, better to have loved and lost than never loved at all, but when the time comes to say goodbye to the furries it's tough, especially when they get ill way before they "should". I've lost a few precious ones over the years, to cancer and other conditions as well as old age, one of them was really quite upsetting because the vet clearly did a bad job. About 7 years ago and I still think about it...
Storm looks adorable and I do hope you get as much time together as possible. Lots of thoughts coming from Sweden/Pia
Thank you both for caring. I know as fellow cat lovers you will know exactly how we are feeling.
We are sure that you will provide her with the best time, however much time Storm has left. We're glad that she isn't feeling too bad. Do you know this blog http://thefurryfighter.blogspot.com/ ? It is about a Siamese kitty girl named Storm who fought cancer twice but sadly lost the battle in the end. Maybe there are informations you will find useful...
Post a Comment