Thursday, April 30, 2009

Terrors!

All was peaceful when we went to bed last night. The kittens were isolated in their area and being very quiet, the 3 adult cats were all on our bed. I felt at ease as I knew where each of my babies were and drifted off into a peaceful sleep.

At some point in the early hours of the morning we were woken by the all too familiar sounds of cats fighting. I freaked out as I thought it was Storm involved and a fight in her current state would be devastating! Andrew and I are both blind bats without our lenses so we were scurrying around for our spectacles, fumbling with keys to get to the back where the noises were coming from and all the while I'm screaming like a mad lady.

It turned out to be Prince chasing another male from our property. This cat constantly comes in our home and causes mayhem. Prince just wouldn't stop though, cornering the other cat and chasing him and cornering and chasing. It was quite scary.
Once we had restored some level of calm and were back in bed Andrew remarked that thank goodness our direct neighbour is deaf as I had screamed blue murder. I had to chuckle a little at that vision... me in PJ's, hair in a state, bespectacled face, tearing around the garden screaming. Oh man!

Poor Andrew really battled to get back to sleep and I couldn't really get into a deep sleep again either. How annoying! I would so like to lock all the cats in at night but any time I do that Prince wees all over and meows and wakes us anyway.

Happy things: Storm is eating like a piggy. The kittens seem to only just have discovered how to knead and as a result they now knead everything. I have little Casper on my lap kneading my gown as I type. So sweet.

Well I think a second cuppa is what I need to perk me up for the day.

2 comments:

BioniKat said...

Of my older cats only two do the kneading before they get comfortable - Joe my oldest cat at almost 9. He is a grey tuxedo and my white cat, Sabrina who is 7. They both go on for ages. My little ginger boy kitten Ninja scratches at the spot he wants to lie on and then gets comfortable but none of the kittens really knead.

Mama Feline said...

I thought all cats did it as a matter of course. All 3 of my big ones do and murder any body part that may be in the way at the time :)