Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Chemo Is Working!


Despite a traumatic capture and drive to the vet today I could scream from the top of the highest mountain: HOOOORAY! Storm had her follow up chemo today and the vet is thrilled with her progress. He can no longer feel that huge mass in her tummy and her lungs are looking good too. She is clearly responding very well to the treatment and he says based on today's examination he has no reason to believe she is in any pain or discomfort.
I am ecstatic but now that we are home she has bolted into her favorite bush to avoid any further trips in the car which she so hates. She bent my nail right back and broke out of her basket and ran around the car frantically on the way to the vet so by the time we had arrived there I felt as though I were the one in need of medical attention for shattered nerves!

Anyway, all is well that ends well.

3 comments:

Pia K said...

Such good news! That's so tricky, trying to convince your pet that you only taking them to the vet for their own good...

Your not so tony white ones look very hugable too:)

BioniKat said...

Sorry about the trauma but good to hear that Storm is doing much better with the chemo. Cats are very resilient. I once had a cat totally paralysed from something he ate. After a few days on a drip he recovered and now is a strong and healthy male. As long as my animals want to live life I help them to do so.

Jake and Micah said...

I'm so happy to hear that Storm is doing well! She seems like a very tough girl. :)