Even the most domesticated feline is still true to its nocturnal habit. I think that has become more apparent since we have had the kittens in our home. Our adult cats tend to stroll around outside and pitter patter from rooftop to rooftop silently and for the most part unobtrusively while we as humans sleep when the dark of night is upon us and our production of melatonin is at its highest.
The kittens are still kept indoors at night as we fear they are still a little too little to be fending off some of the fierce felines that prowl the complex at night. As a result we are privy to their nocturnal playfulness right in our bedroom and on our bed and often on our heads! They scratch all sort of surfaces, catch shadows and chew on any poor innocent body part which may move, play with their toys and play fight each other. Now this is all terribly cute but not when one is trying to sleep. We notice that they are good as gold somnolent little kitties during the day but our bedtime signals their play time.
Perhaps we need to keep them stimulated and awake during the day so that they will collapse from excitable exhaustion at night and allow mommy and daddy to sleep?
Oh well, its too late for that tonight so best I go and lie down in my bed and play jungle gym and teething pad to the babies.
Did I mention I'm never having a baby???
:)
1 comment:
I'm surprised they don't sleep at night now that it's cold and winter. But then again, they're young. My cat, who is quite nocturnal as well, changes into a sleeping beauty in winter and sleeps all night now snuggled on my bed. Otherwise she's out and roaming the streets.
Post a Comment