Storm has not eaten in 2 days. Nothing. No water no biscuits not even a teaspoon of wet food. She hides during the day and I just cant find her.
I bought some delicious treats to offer this morning but there is just no sign of her in any of the usual or even unusual places.
This makes giving her the appetite stimulant impossible so I feel really anxious and upset.
The last bout of chemo was similar in that she only started eating again on day 4 and she lost so much weight and looked so frail which is what caused me to decide to stop the chemo.
Well without chemo, she will suffocate from fluid gathering on her chest and with it I risk losing her to starvation / dehydration.
Please come home baby girl, we have nice things here for you and want to give you lots of love and adoration.
4 comments:
Oh no...I'm so sorry...I hope you find her and that she eats at least something. You must be frantic.
Is there any way you can force/syringe feed her? I'd hate for her to develop Feline Hepatic Lipidosis. Can you offer her some baby food?
She wont come near us if we have food so nothing is working. We bought an appetite stimulant paste today which also contains nutrients but I only managed to get a tiny tiny smudge on her nose. The Vet told us not to hold her down or traumatise her at all so I really feel frustrated. Last time she had chemo it took a full 4 days before she ate so I hope by tomorrow she will start eating again. What is Lipidosis?
Here is some info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feline_Hepatic_Lipidosis
There is also a yahoo group:
http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/Feline-Assisted-Feeding/?yguid=362370189
I understand. Jake has not been eating well either and for some reason he decided 2 days ago he doesn't want to be force fed anymore. We can only force feed him maybe once a day. We used to do it 3-4 times a day. His breathing has become labored so we don't force him. Now we've been giving him baby food and cat treats. I will be thinking of you both.
Post a Comment