Thursday, June 4, 2009

Thoughts For A Thursday

As anyone who reads my blog will know, I am an avid animal lover. I however realised that I am guilty of not always checking all the products I buy to see whether or not they are tested on animals. Shock, horror!
I think the general rule of thumb in the industry is that if the product does not say "not tested on animals" then you can bet your bottom dollar that the product IS tested on animals.
I will be vigilant about this from here on forth!!!
On that note, I came across a wonderful hair care range by Philip Kingsley which is not tested on animals.
I am trying out the scalp mask at the moment in an attempt to have long luscious locks by Feb next year in time for our wedding. Lets hope it works.

I got my cell phone upgrade yesterday. I chose the Samsung S8300 which is an awesome phone capable of much but it is a touch screen phone and so I am really battling to get where I want to be on it at the moment. I also realised this morning that I didn't know how to answer the damn thing. How blind is that!

Our domestic worker issues continue. So far we have a broken towel rail, a bust shower handle, a bust vacuum handle and now a chunk out of the wall due to her vigorous dusting of the blinds. She called me today to show me the chunk she had taken out of the wall and I could have chased her out the house right there and then. I also showed her how many glasses have been chipped and asked her to please slow down. I really am feeling at odds with her a lot lately and fear she is up to something. I hope I am wrong.

On a fun note, I am on the mailing list of a spa and received an email today about a winter warmer evening special. It includes a welcome drink, full body massage, foot treatment and light dinner for 2 for only R699.00. What a deal! We decided to book and have some fun so I'm looking forward to that in 2 weeks time.

My credit card was declined today while trying to make payment for the above so I had to phone Andy and ask for his. When I queried this with the bank they said although we pay as we spend and the balance owing is virtually Nil, there is still a limit spend on the card per month which I had reached. How annoying as this means even if the card is in credit with your own money you cant swipe it because you have exceeded an amount for the month.
Odd if you ask me.

The cats are cute as can be.

Its bitterly cold this afternoon and I suspect we will be hit with a cold front over the weekend. I quite like the thought of that as one doesn't feel guilty being a slob when the weather is cold and dreary.

So that's me in a nutshell.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooh, where did you find that haircare range? I haven't seen it before. If it's any good, let us know! And that spa evening sounds great!!!
If I were you I would fire that maid's ass - she's not making your life easier, she's making it worse! It amazes me, but our lady also has a knack of breaking broom/mop handles etc. They are really rough!

Mama Feline said...

Hey Kitty Cat! I found it at Woolworths. You will need to go to one of the larger stores though.
I also find it weird that I cleaned my house myself for ages and never broke stuff - aaargh!