Thursday, August 20, 2009

An Ache Of A Head!

I have searched the Internet looking for clues as to why my head is throbbing and why I continue to have night sweats and why I am battling so much to concentrate when surely by now I should be better. My first symptoms manifested almost 3 weeks ago now and yet I still feel under the weather. I am much much better but just off if that makes sense.

I don't find anything funny, I don't feel like being playful, I battle to remember what I'm doing and find myself staring into space for many minutes on end and then wander around trying to jolt my memory about what needs doing.
Its so not like me and I don't like it. I'm usually efficient and friendly and pretty happy go lucky but not for the last while.

If I have in fact had swine flu, is this a latent side effect? Am I just particularly stressed about my status in my relationship and with things going on in the general family?

Now is the time I so wish I had a good GP I could go and talk to but because I avoid doctors like the plague I don't have one. I have considered going back to my childhood GP who treated me from age 6-23 but am not totally sold yet on that either.

Perhaps I'll just see how the weekend goes and then make a call.

3 comments:

BioniKat said...

Maybe just go to your local Medicross if you dont have your own gp. Dont leave it. You may just need an antibiotic. My older son has has flu for 4 weeks and the younger has been off school for 3 weeks with coughing fever and streaming nose. The symptoms of swine flu apart from probably a severe case of the usual symptoms seem to be : having trouble breathing and/or chest pain, being unresponsive (!) and suffering from a fever that doesn't respond to normal medication. Get it checked out. Hugs!!

Prixie said...

i hate seeing docs too, but if it persists please see one!

Mama Feline said...

Thanks ladies. I'm ok-ish today so maybe I'll be all good by Monday!