Friday, August 28, 2009

The Good Parts Of Our Holiday

Zack and the stones at David & Hugo

Mussels and Chips in France

French Harbour


Kitty in France

Guthrie, Garratt and Williams Family Photo


Although our overseas trip could be classified as mostly disastrous there were those few days before and after my pneumonia episode which were quite lovely.

Andy and I spent a gorgeous day in the sun and enjoying the local favourite of Mussels and Chips at a harbour in France. My memory still fails me so I just cant think of the name right now but it was fun so I remember the moment!

I also found Andrews nephew, Zack who is 3 (pictured on my lap in the photo above) most captivating and quite endearing.
He has the most amazing imagination and a very sweet disposition. The moments that stand out most for me with Zack are when he came to wake me up one morning and I told him I was feeling sick. He said "don't worry Auntie Tammy, I'll get medicine for you". He came back with a glass of Lucozade for me. How precious!
He also told us many stories about a pink stone bird. This bird is pink in color and eats stones he told us. We all had a chance to hold the stones he collected for the bird.
I also thoroughly enjoyed reading his story books and was amazed at how he recalls the stories and can repeat many sections verbatim.
Calvin, who is about to turn 1, is also such a sweet and placid baby with very cute toes!

I of course also managed to find a cat in France. She belonged to the owners of the B&B where we stayed and I couldn't resist a little pat.

I think it important to leave all the nasty bits of the holiday behind now and remember the few happy moments we managed to have. Its better like that!




No comments: