What a lovely weekend we ended up having and mostly because we had nothing planned and no commitments.
It has been said of late that we are a selfish couple. The reasons for this ranged from us not wanting to have children of our own because we think it would disrupt our lives, we don't see our friends often enough right up to we live in a bubble world.
That may indeed be true but it works for us and I just say don't hate the players, hate the game. We have chosen a path different to most and I cant help wondering if people don't judge us harshly because they in fact think "why on earth did we not carefully consider our options?" before they plunged into the generally accepted path: meet, get engaged within 2 years, get married within 1 year, move in together, have at least 2 children within 5 years etc etc.
The talks we have had so far indicate that we may seriously both consider living together without a marriage and children but as a monogamous couple of course. Time will tell but for now we OK and we still laugh together and share common thought processes and goals so that's good enough for me to want to give it a really good shot.
On Saturday and today we spent our time doing some shopping together for various supplies, making delicious food, playing a computer game called "Doom" together, watching TV, playing with our kittens and cats and sleeping gloriously late - pure bliss!
After Andy treated me to the Spa voucher I decided to play tag and get him a voucher for a full hour back and neck massage for today just as a really soothing end to the weekend.
He is there as I type and I hope he returns feeling fabulous!
I am messing around on Facebook and blogging and playing Doom while he is out and I think an afternoon snooze may just be the cherry on the icing when Andy gets back :)
7 comments:
Sounds like a great weekend to me ...
No matter what you do there will always be someone who is unhappy about it. You have the right idea...do what's best for you and make yourselves happy! It sounds like you guys had a great weekend!
Thanks JC and Tuck.
Appreciate the positive response!
Have a great week
Don't let other people define happiness for you. Sounds to me like you found it on your terms!
I hear you! People can't get their head around the fact that I've been married almost three years and have no plans to hatch kidlets anytime soon.
We are happy as is, with our two cats and each other. If one day we want kids, we'll look into it then. Until then... I wish they (read my MIL and preggers friends) would leave it alone.
ha ha ha - hatch kidlets - I love it!
i've always found it quite strange that (some, too many) people think it's selfish NOT to have children of your own. i think quite the opposite. we live on an overcrowded planet as it is, there are so many children unwanted and in need already. help those to a good and hopefully meaningful life through sponsoring activities instead i say.
too many people seem so obsessed (and judgemental towards others) of, as said above 'hatching kids' of their own but then they don't really take into account the HUGE responsability that comes with that, to bring the kids up to be good, kind, caring human beings, to give them good values and ethics seem to be secondary.
you two are not selfish at all thinking like you do!
Post a Comment