I have come down with a nasty bout of oral thrush and I tell you it is not cool!
I think it may have started due to the antibiotics I was on and then my chocolate guzzling frenzy just added to the thrush friendly environment.
I have been absolutely out of control with choccies since we arrived back from overseas. At first I blamed it on the steroids I was prescribed for my lungs as they are renowned for increasing ones appetite but I finished the course ages ago so quite frankly I think I have just been mad!!!
I have worked my way through several large tubs of Lindt balls, boxes of Romany Creams and other packets of biscuits, slabs of chocolate, endless chocolate muffins, crisps, chips, chunks of cheese etc etc etc.
As a result I have bumps on the back of my tongue and a weird coating as well which I NEVER have as well has circles under my eyes and a very bloated tummy.
All symptoms of a severe candida overload.
I told Andrew I need to get a grip or I will end up as a lump of yeast and eat myself into type 2 diabetes if I don't stop.
We went for detox massages yesterday and I have not touched a chocolate or sweet or anything with preservatives in almost 3 days. I am also taking probiotics and a shake which targets candida and starves it.
Added to the above I am drinking LOADS of water and eating basically only veggies and yogurt and a little wheat free, everything else free pasta and a few proteins like tuna to keep the hunger pangs at bay.
My tummy is starting to flatten but I feel like a bus hit me. Detoxing is known to cause one to feel pretty grotty at first but I am sticking to it as I refuse to eat my way into illness and larger clothes!
Last night I even tackled cleaning the washing machine components to try to drag my mind away from snacking.
And what is reading in bed without snacks?! We usually take cheese and biscuits or crisps or something to bed with us for while we read but last night we helped each other to be strong. Oh my word I sound like an addict!
I am now about to make a dish that would surely detox an elephant - steamed brown and wild rice with raw spinach, onion, garlic, tomato, carrot and broccoli and a sprinkling of healthy seeds.
Perhaps I should get some breath mints in a hurry too as the day after the night before raw garlic can be NASTY for the rest of the humans around one.
3 comments:
The choccies sound like fun...the detox not so much although I do like my veggies too. Best of luck with the detox!
Thanks! I would do just about anything for a choccie right now though - help!!!
Sorry you're not feeling well. Hope the detox does the trick. A snack is not a treat if you're eating it all the time. Reading in bed is guarantee to put me to sleep fast.
Post a Comment