I have made a most amusing discovery about banks and how they grade their clients according to the type of envelope in which they send correspondence.
I have had my FNB account since I was 13 and started with a BOB-T card and account designed for teenagers. I then moved onto a blue cheque account at 18 and then a silver cheque account at which I seem to be stuck.
All those years ago I received correspondence in brown budget envelopes. I then received white envelopes and now receive correspondence in a slightly thicker white envelope with a color bank logo.
I had not put two and two together until I took delivery of my Investec Card this morning which was enclosed in nothing short of remarkable packaging.
I then realised that the banks class their clients according to envelopes!
Now lets be honest, I only have the Investec card because of Andrew as I just don't make the type of money that Private Banking requires but clearly just by having a sub card I qualified for the marvelous packaging.
How ridiculous is this really as the clients they are trying to impress most with the said packaging rarely open their own correspondence, leaving that mundane task to a poorly paid PA!
So in actual fact, apart from the odd pleb such as myself they are custom packaging for the wrong people.
ha ha ha. Is life not just so fickle when the objective seems to be to receive a well packaged item from your bank which probably contains a statement that makes you want to cry and gives you sleepless nights.
I just don't quite buy that the packaging will make one feel better but maybe I am just uninformed and have not quite "arrived" yet :)
No comments:
Post a Comment