Sunday, September 13, 2009

Productivity = Order = Happiness

I am often only too happy to do as little and move as little as possible over weekends but I was feeling a severe case of "shabbyitis" coming on which always leads to me being in a foul mood.
Instead of lying around snacking and watching TV and thinking about how much needed to be done , I decided to grab the bull by the horns and tidy and clean away my shabby feeling.

I went shopping with my mom on Saturday for a few things to jazz up the house and when I got back I attacked our en suite bathroom. I threw away all the empty or expired bottles and packed everything into the new shelves I had bought. Neat and tidy just how I like it.
I have advised my dear Andy that we do not need any more body lotions, toothpaste, shaving gels or deodorants!
Bless his stock piling soul but we haven't the space for it.

Then I redecorated the coffee table and dining room table with new ornaments and table throws which is a cost effective way of jazzing up a room and it certainly appealed to my psyche. I also washed the curtains and the room looked and smelt fresh.

Today, being Sunday, Andy and I went off to a coffee shop come book shop which is such a treat. Sip a coffee, munch a muffin and choose the books you would like to buy. My kind of cool! We each chose two books in the end and then headed home.
I got stuck into my home office and I tell you it was about time. I bought new shelves/drawers so that each of my clients have a designated area for me to keep control.
The whole room got a thorough going over with cleaners, polishes and dusters and the curtains were washed and the vacuum worked over time.
Now everything is clean, fresh, neat and orderly and guess what?!?!
I feel amazing!

Lazy weekends have their place but a productive one every now and then is just what the doctor ordered and as they say "a cluttered office is the sign of a cluttered mind".
May my mind and office now be clear and open for productivity and new ideas :)

2 comments:

JC said...

You were BUSY ....

Mama Feline said...

Yes! And now I feel stiff - how unfit am I???