Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Second Opinions

As I grow older and perhaps a little wiser too I am realising the value of getting a second opinion in all aspects of life.

When we were in France and the Doctors wanted to operate and take out my appendix, thank goodness Andrew insisted on speaking to the Surgeon and getting a second opinion as it turned out that my appendix was just fine.

I have spoken to an animal healer tonight who has given me food for thought about Storm's chemo. He has provided me with other ideas and suggestions which I had not known or thought of and now almost wish I had sought a second opinion right in the beginning.

An agency through which I submitted my 2009 tax return came back with an astounding result whereby I would need to pay in a small fortune. It didn't sound right to me and so I sought a second opinion from another tax consultant who has advised that they did not work out my travel allowance properly and I am now actually getting a refund.

Just these few things above have made me realise that I will now view a second opinion as vital and not a luxury.

5 comments:

JC said...

It can't hurt to get one.

BioniKat said...

Well done! I bumped my head a lot and now I question everything and everyone including the so-called professionals! Please tell us what the animal healer said.

Mama Feline said...

Hi Momcat... I have a few more telecons with other healers but I'll post about the one from last night a little later. Budda is at vet for neutering and I'm dashing to fetch him :)

Unknown said...

Very interesting post - I'd love to hear more people's stories about second opinions because all too often we just accept the one opinion -either we're too busy, too lazy or too tired to get a second one.

Cat with a Garden said...

Wow, all of these things are important and it was so good to get a second opinion. That's a good advice to hold on to!
Thank you for celebrating our blogoversary with us and your very nice words about our bloggie. it means a lot to us.
Purrs, Siena & Chilli