Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Update On Storm


Storm had a turn for the better on Sunday thank goodness. She had her chemo on Thursday last week and seemed particularly under the weather not eating at all and hiding away in the garden. I was so surprised when she meowed at me in the kitchen on Sunday afternoon and thought let me dish her some food and see. Well my word she ate that and two more bowls in quick succession. I had bought some fancy feast tins in the hope of tempting her and it worked!

She is now back to purring and sitting on dads lap or sleeping on her blanket on the couch and interacting with her brothers and is always in evidence in the mornings when we wake up again which I love.

One funny thing though is she has now taken to using the cat litter box in the spare bathroom which was actually there for the kittens as they cant get out at night when we are asleep like the three big cats can. They seldom use it anymore though and I thought it odd that it needed changing again. Andrew then told me he saw Storm in it and she had definitely used it. Strange but I don't mind as long as she is comfortable.

We have also erected a table and step contraption outside the kitchen window for her to gain easy access into the house. I noticed a few times lately that she battles to jump as high as she used to be able to and was worried she may end up trapped outside. It seems to have been embraced by all three big cats including Storm thank goodness.

My girl is aging and will move to a new realm one day but her time here with us is so very special and we are grateful for each moment that she is able to remain with us in comfort.
We love you little terracotta nose.

4 comments:

JC said...

That's good to hear.
I so hope the chemo helps to give a few more grand years.

My Purr Gang is my new gang. My old Purr Gang all have past. They were 16, 17, 19 & 21.

Cats can live a long time ...

This is just a bump in the road ..

Mama Feline said...

Wow your cats lived to so old! Thats awesome! Storm is only 8 and so she deserves the best chance we can give her. She has been on chemo for 6 months already.

The Island Cats said...

We're purring for Storm and we hope she continues to feel good...take it one day at at time...and enjoy each one!

Wally, Ernie & Zoey

Noll's Nip said...

I'm so happy for you!