Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Peace At Last


I have an incredibly sensitive fiance and not many men would do the kind of things that he does for me.

When he returned home last night after a hectic day I let it all out about how deeply troubled I felt about how and when Storm would come to rest. I told him I had been told horror stories about the cremation process and the lady at the vet and what she has said etc etc. He just calmly suggested that we fetch Storm from the vet in the morning and bury her at home in the garden. It was so strange because I immediately felt like "yes of course that is what we must do". I think on my own I would never have been able to do so mentally or physically.

Andy phoned the Vet last night and asked them to prepare Storm for us to fetch which he then did this morning and our gardener dug a hole next to her favorite bench in between the rose bushes, just outside my office window.

We had a cry but it was a happy and peaceful cry as we said goodbye and we took turns placing the soil back in place. There are six roses placed on the soil as a token of our love from Storms brothers and her mommy and daddy to her. Tonight we will light a candle and leave it at the bench and know that our girl is now at rest in her own garden.

I can now look at her pictures and smile and think what a beautiful sweet angel she was without the horror of the end as we have done right by our girl. Sleep well my baby.

Thank you Andy for being so kind to all of us.

8 comments:

Poppy Q said...

What a good boy he is. Sorry to hear about your sweet Storm, we understand how your heart is broken. We send you all lots of hugs.

Julie and Poppy Q

Tamara said...

I am so glad you made this choice and that you can be at peace now.

BioniKat said...

I shed a tear too thinking about this last ceremony that you held for your little girl. It is comforting to have closure and you will know that you brought her home. Be at rest now.

Forever Foster said...

We are so very sorry to hear about Storm. You did a beautiful thing in giving her a peaceful resting place.
(((hugs)))

The Creek Cats said...

Rest in peace, sweet Storm.

Prixie said...

RIP storm

:(

Anonymous said...

A beautiful requiem.
The Bach remedy Honeysuckle is good for grief if you want to add it to the family's drinking water- 2 drops a day for as long as required.

Pia K said...

i am so sorry to hear about sweet storm. i have lost cats to cancer and expecially one of them i still miss a lot though it was many years ago. they mean a lot to us, those dear furries...

what a lovely gesture from your andy and what a fine resting place for a dear friend.

thoughts and hugs from sweden~