Last night Andy and I had to wedge ourselves around all four cats on our bed! It must have been the cold and rain that made them all want to snuggle. It was a bit hectic because every time I moved, Odi would hiss at me. The cheek of it!
I though the kittens may just sleep late with all the happy happy snuggling but Budda started tapping the wooden blinds at 4am which makes such a racket that Andy just gets up and feeds them. At least it was a half hour later than it has been.
We then tried to go back to sleep but alas Budda started his bellowing meowing again. Now I doubt that another neighbourhood cat was anywhere nearby as the rain was pelting down and I don't think any cat would be enduring that outside one of our windows.
We tried to settle him once and he was having none of it so as much as it broke my heart I actually put him in the lounge on his bed and closed our bedroom door.
He didn't bellow once! Now I pretty much know he is just trying to wake us because he wants us up and about because he is awake. It is so like having a baby in the house.
I am hoping that by doing this he will eventually learn that we do not want to get up at 3-4am and have to put lights on and play and that bellowing will result in him being taken out of the bedroom and seeing a closed door.
I feel like a horrid mommy but I gave him lots of snuggles and love when we woke up later and really he is an utterly cherished and adored kitten who just needs to learn a few house rules so he doesn't become a brat cat :)
2 comments:
I've also got a short-tempered kitty, Bitsy and once she is comfy under my covers, woe and betide anyone who disturbs her or tries to move her. I probably isnt a good idea for Andy to feed the crew so early because then they think its getting up time. Let them wait until you are ready to get up. If anyone is creating havoc on my bed or irritating me before I am ready, they also get ejected from my room. Don't feel bad because sometimes kids need a bit of tough love to establish boundaries.
How are you feeling Momcat?
Thanks so much for always giving ideas. Its a huge help!
I also think we need to stop the 4am feed. Before Andy moved in my cats never woke me or maybe they tried but I sleep so deeply that it didnt work. They used to lie on my bed and wait until I woke before meowing for food. My thinking was if they are truly hungry they will eat biscuits! Andy is a very light sleeper and I think they cottoned onto the fact that he is the one to target. He is actually so wonderful and patient. We do need to address this though and soon!
Post a Comment