Monday, January 25, 2010

Diva Is In Da House!

Diva has her first meal in her forever home.

Casper and Diva playing.

Prince comes to play with Diva.

Daddy and Diva

Mommy and Diva

Can you spot Diva? Check the brown spot on the side tables.
She certainly had a captive audience!

Diva in her pink bed.

Diva checking out Caspers sleeping spot on moms desk.

How adorable is Casper giving her a love and a lick!
I think they will be good friends.


I fetched our little girl today and saw that her sisters were all fetched yesterday and she had been alone all night. I tell you she leaped into me when I took her out of her cage and started purring instantly. She purred all the way home and has literally not stopped! I am already putty in her paws and dad popped in at lunch time to meet her and is also becoming smitten with her.
The shelter did a brilliant job of socialising her as she is very sweet yet confident and walked straight up to Casper, touched noses and that was it, they were introduced! So much for my intentions of introducing slowly.
Casper is being amazing with her. He follows her and licks her and watches over her and plays. Budda ran out the window and is slowly coming round although he has hissed at her. I think Casper's behaviour is helping to show him she is no threat and he can relax.
Prince is not 100% happy but he is already thawing and has sniffed her and played a little on the jungle gym with her. Odi sniffed her, got big wide eyes, ate his lunch and went back out the window but overall I think it is going well and I am very pleasantly surprised.
We have decided not to block her off and be erecting barricades around the house like we did with Mia and her boys and then with Budda and Casper as it is traumatic to all and this way they will become accustomed to each other quicker and we can just Carry on as a family sooner than later. I definitely think it helps that she is female.
She has the very sweetest nature and is so very loving but I tell you she can squawk if you don't pay her attention. We had almost decided to name her Chiquita but since having her home she is without doubt a Diva and so I think we will name her Diva but we will decide 100% tonight.
I'm sure Storm is checking this all out and thinking how cool that there is a girlie again to show the boys how its gonna be :)

2 comments:

BioniKat said...

She's such a cutie and she's certainly woken up the boys. She's the centre of attraction, just like a Diva should be!

Jake and Micah said...

Diva is so tiny and cute!