Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Update On My Horrid Day Yesterday

Well today is a better day and I've realised a few things. Things do not just happen for no reason or by coincidence. I really feel that I need to take a close look at myself and ask why was I harassed and not another person yesterday. I think my overall appearance has something to do with it as I am short, small and female which I cant change but so many people tell me I have an open, friendly face and an inviting way about me and that I seem to be amenable. I find this a bit disturbing as I am often harassed at robots, in shops etc etc and I certainly do not dress in a provocative manner or flirt outrageously with people so why???
Very few people dare to mess with my mom and she is shorter and smaller than I so what is it?!
I almost understand how people become closed off and have that hardened way about them as being sweet and nice just attracts problems more often than not.
I do not want to adopt a stuff you attitude or have a permanently cloudy looking face but I need to find a way of developing a shell which screams "back off and don't mess with me".
It is sad that people find out I am actually tough but by then it is usually too late and some irreversible damage is already done.
I don't like it.

Anyway, the Hospital Management called in all the guards yesterday and took statements and they have the video surveillance and have now asked if I would be willing to meet with the General Manager, HR Manager and head of security and give my formal statement and also so that they may lay my anger and fear to rest as they are taking serious action against the guard. The surveillance speaks for itself and the General Manager said to me he is shocked and so very sorry this happened.
I appreciate that this is being dealt with and not swept under the mat as it is a very real danger to have a psycho security guard on a mission. Who knows, maybe I am preventing a dangerous man from doing something worse later on by speaking up and reporting him as who knows what kind of record he has and how many incidents may have gone unreported!

The plumbers did come back yesterday and it seems they have solved the thermostat and banging noise problem. I was however beside myself while they were here as there was water pouring out of taps and ceiling again and mud and water all over the floors.
I now can not wait for Insurance to send the Assessor so we can get the ceiling repairs done and then the floors and carpets and return to my happy state of cleanliness and order.

I can collect Andy's pants at 4pm today and I know that this was really not a huge and serious disaster and I need to stop sweating the small stuff!
The Optometrist will reverse the claim made to medical aid and I have already been referred to an Optom by someone we know who has a private practice as opposed to these chain retail ones.
There have been no scary nasty Repossessers at the gate today either - ha ha ha :)

So all in all things do get sorted and life is mostly good but it burns my butt that there are some rotten apples in this world that make the whole box seem vrot at times.

4 comments:

Pia K said...

that incident at the hospital was just so incredible! poor, poor you! and when such really majorly disturbing and unacceptable things happen of course all the smaller annoying things on the same day get more attention than they deserve. i'm pleased to hear that the hospital is taking it seriously.

hope your tomorrow will be all bright and blue skied:)

BioniKat said...

Its interesting how you are puzzling about what makes people harrass you and I dont think its because you're short. I do think it is because you are open and inviting to everyone you meet and this is abused by some nasty folk. Also you try to help a lot of people you meet. Why else would you have gone to the gate to help the obnoxious car repossessor. Dont change the person you are because you are a lovely person but just try to be a little more aware that there are unscrupulous users out there. Its got a lot to do with body language. Your mom has obviously got a 'dont mess with me' persona that people subconsciously react to. I am perfectly nice until someone tries to hoodwink me and then I erupt. They soon back off. I have had to learn to be like this even though I hate fighting and arguing, mainly for the sake of my children. As I fight for their rights, I become a stronger person and have also developed a 'dont mess with me' persona. It can be as little as a glance or the way you turn to look at someone that causes them to walk on their way and not mess with you. I am glad that you have gained perspective from your horrid day the other day and have learnt something from all the things that happened.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that things are falling into place again :-) And especially glad that the hospital is initiating some action!

Mama Feline said...

Thanks ladies. This blog is just so cool as it allows one to express, share and also vent and get advice. Appreciate all the thoughts and care :)