Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Birdcage

No I am not referring to the hysterically amusing film starring Robin Williams and Nathan Lane about the antics of a gay cabaret owner and his drag queen companion but instead to my dear neighbour aka Kitty!

Now Kitty is a rather unusual soul. She was born in Germany and is a well travelled lady who seems to have settled in South Africa right next door to us. She is really harmless but can come across as harsh especially after a glass or plenty of wine but we have come to know her pretty well and look out for each other. She must be in her fifties, single and mows her own lawn and does her own DIY and is a really tough lady. She has a cat, two dogs and now several birds in a ginormous birdcage outside on her patio.

I was working in my study this afternoon and heard her screaming for me so being the "Paranoid Pam" that I am I assume the absolute worst in those split seconds while rushing outside to the wall which we share. I was still thinking "oh heck where is my pepper spray!?" as I was running!
I climb up and see she is locked in her very own birdcage! Hysterical!
I then proceed to climb the wall and just as I am balancing myself to start going down over into her garden she tells me her front door is unlocked. Aaargh Kitty that information would have been nice like five minutes ago but shame man its stinking hot and she is stuck in a birdcage so hey she probably isn't thinking too clearly.
I run through the garage and enter her house, go out through the back door into her garden and assess the situation. It was pretty easy as a knife was ample to saw through the homemade wire lock and wallah she was set free within ten minutes!
We had a jolly good giggle and then I came back home for an ice cold cola with a slice of lemon to cool off. It really is a scorcher in JHB today!
Fun and games :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL I think your version is funnier than the film :-)

BioniKat said...

Haha Revenge of the Birds! Kitty can count herself fortunate that you were around else she might have had to resort to drinking the birdies water!