Friday, March 19, 2010

Autumn Hail Storm in Johannesburg

Wow! I made it home in the nick of time this evening! I had gone out to fetch my mom from work as her car was in for a service today and then we popped into the shops for a few items she needed and then I had a coffee with her at her house. We noticed the sky clouding over so I decided to make my way home and my goodness as I arrived at our gate it started spitting and by the time I was inside the house it was a full blown torrential downpour followed by a massive hail downpour. We have not had hail in ages so it was quite freaky and Diva was fascinated and a little frightened as there was lightening and thunder too. Poor Casper ran around frantically and eventually hid somewhere and even Odi came in and hid under the dining room table. Prince and Budda remained cool, calm and collected with us in the lounge.
Here are some photo's to share.......






4 comments:

Kea said...

Wow, that's quite the hail! Not something we want here (Canada) at this time of the year, one day away from Spring! :-D

Fiona Kathleen Hogan said...

heh, being in Singapore, I've never experienced snow, let alone hail. lol. Thanks for sharing! Cool pic!

meowmeowmans said...

Holy cat! That's some serious hail.

Tamara said...

Love the first photo. Very arty ;-)