Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I'm a little weird I know

I was about to collapse on the couch and watch Starter Wife and then Nip Tuck when I remembered the kitchen was in a state of chaos. It was so tempting to ignore but I always have this niggly back of the mind thought of "what if there is an emergency in the night and people have to gather in my house and see a chaotic kitchen?"
Now this is borderline ridiculous not because emergencies don't happen but because if there were such an emergency who the heck would care that my kitchen was chaotic?!? But then I just cant help tidying and washing dishes because we all know that in emergencies where family gather in the middle of the night people always drink tea and what if there are no spoons and cups or ants all over the show!
I think this may stem from the words of my gran all through my childhood about making sure that the kitchen is tidy in case the Doctor has to make an emergency visit in the night. Bizarre but it has stayed with me.

Then there is the old saying that one should always wear matching and pretty underwear in case there is an accident and Doctors need to cut your clothes from you. Every time I am tempted to wear mismatched underwear I am seldom able to do so as this saying rings like a town hall bell in my mind!!!

Now yes I am a little weird or maybe even a lot weird but how hectic are Doctors that people have for generations been washing dishes at night and worrying about their underwear all for Doctors!

Well my kitchen is clean and I have matching underwear for the morning so bring it on Doc :)
hee hee ha ha ha ha.

5 comments:

Kea said...

Okay, I don't necessarily wear matching under-things, but I do have to be colour coordinated, for the same reason. LOL.

Last August I slipped on my outside back step and fell down the stairs, injured my back quite nicely. (Not the spine, thank goodness!) As I live alone, all sorts of things flashed through my mind, and though I was barely mobile and in a great deal of pain, I made sure I showered before bed, in case I had to call 911 in the middle of the night due to paralysis. I didn't want anyone to haul my smelly body off to the ER!

So your post really touched a chord. :-)

Tamara said...

Then I'm weird too.

I'm not particularly fussed about the kitchen, but I have to be wearing "nice" underwear. It doesn't have to match perfectly, but it has to be pretty, just in case someone has reason to see it. But then I can't justify throwing out the old underwear just because it's faded or slightly stretched, as it seems like such a waste. And I can't give anyone my old underwear because that would be gross, so it just sort of piles up in my cupboard making me feel guilty whenever I look at it.

In short, I reckon I'm weirder ;-)

Forever Foster said...

When I went into hospital to have my wisdom teeth out last week, I freaked out in taxi trying to remember what underwear I had on. Priorities..! :)

Mama Feline said...

Ha ha ha ladies thank you for these comments... I suppose we all have our own little ways and I dont feel quite so weird anymore :)

havetailwillwag said...

i wear the ugliest granny panties when i'm at home lazing around or sleeping. they're soooo comfortable.. i hope no one ever sees them :)