We had such a nice day. Went to Hirsch's Home Store to buy a new oven as ours must be about my age! While there we chose a black oven with a stainless steel finish so then we realised that the white microwave would not match so we bought a stainless steel microwave. Then while at the check out point we saw the most stunning outdoor furniture set. We were both hooked and after a few minutes of deliberation we decided what the heck we have been looking for outdoor furniture for ages so lets just get it. It is made of Rhodesian Teak which has the most lovely almost pink tinge to the wood and it is solid and will last a lot longer than many of the gunk items in most stores these days. We then went on to buy cushions for the chairs and a few new scatter cushions for the lounge which just add the nicest splash of colour. Andy went to work to tackle some cases and I spent the afternoon cleaning and moving furniture back into place. Our home looks just lovely again and we have that "never wanna leave here" kind of feeling again. I learnt a lesson today while sorting out my study. Laminate floors DO NOT have any traction! I was packing a large piece of luggage back up in the top of the cupboard and was standing on my office chair which has wheels. I have done this many times before but as I pushed to shift the luggage backwards the chair rolled out and I lost my balance falling backwards and landing flat on my back. Seconds later the piece of luggage landed on my face! I was totally winded and lay there a good few minutes just thinking "oh crap".
Luckily I was able to get up and no broken bones but a perfect lump above my left eye was in evidence almost immediately.
Shew! I wont do that again and have a new found respect for the laminate flooring.
Andy and I had a delicious salad with a glass of red wine tonight and sat in our colourful happy lounge just feeling good.
Life really is kaleidoscopic!
No comments:
Post a Comment