Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Aaah thats better

You know I consider myself knowledgeable with cats as I have several of my own and 10 years experience in sharing a home and life with them as their Guardian, but even I need advice at times.
I chatted to my mom on the phone last night and told her that Nancy was being a bit hectic and attacking my face. My mom said to make it clear to her right now that I am the mommy and that she cant do that to me and I should gently tap her and say NO in a stern voice and put her down away from me. Then Andy came home and we brought her to the lounge to be with all of us while we could monitor. She started that growling and attacking my face again and Andy also said no this is not ok and tapped her and said no. She did it again so I decided to follow Andy's lead and told her NO again and took her away to her bed in the study. I went back a short while later and she had calmed down and was lying so sweetly in her bed so I picked her up and gently stroked her and took her back to the lounge. It was the weirdest thing as she seemed to have turned a page! She was calm and lay sweetly with us, playing but not growling and attacking. She then walked around the house, ate the big cats biscuits, walked amongst them without growling and eventually settled on dads lap. His legs got numb after a while and I took her and she lay sweetly under the blanket on my lap. This morning when I went in to feed at 5am she also didn't hide away from me but gave a little meow and stretched and I fed her. The other cats came in to look and there was no growling from her but Diva did hiss at her. Diva will need some time. When Andy woke up he brought her to me in bed and I lay with her and Budda and Prince on the bed all nice and quietly for another hour with no problems. She has been an absolute love today. Sitting on my lap, sleeping, playing with Budda sweetly and letting Prince sniff her some more. She just looks at Diva now when she hisses at her and doesn't hiss back. I know we have not scared her into behaving as she is playing and purring and seems far more content and perhaps just like a child needed some boundaries.
What a sweet beautiful girl.
Clever granny and daddy too :)

1 comment:

Tamara said...

So glad you've sorted the little Miss out and she can get back to being too cute for words now ;-)