Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Budda Bear and other kitty issues

Budda Bear chilling on the couch with his friend Prince nearby.

It never rains it pours! After the heartbreak of Ginger the precious kitten who passed, Tasha had to go into isolation until the autopsy results came back. We got them today and it is totally flummoxing as it seems he died from a very treatable endemetriosis which was just misdiagnosed and incorrect meds given. I am so so upset as this Vet is supposed to be world class and their prices carry that tag too and in the end Ginger died in vain.
I just cant harp on about it or I may go mad. We now have a major problem with ring worm at home. Diva started with it a few months ago but we treated her and thought all was well until we spotted a huge bald spot on Budda's tummy and realised the problem was far from gone. He was at our normal Vet today and we came home with tablets, ointment and dipping shampoo. I've also washed the blankets and beds in a germicidal treatment to eradicate the spores and try to prevent even worse infection. I'm going to dip him and the other cats over the weekend in the morning if it is warm so they can dry in the sun at least. Now this creates a complication around taking Tasha back. M has agreed maybe she should be re homed rather than try to fit in here as the 6th cat and potentially be exposed to my cats germs or bring in new germs.
I am feeling a bit down as I miss her and just want to cuddle and love her after so many days in isolation. She needs better and I hope we can find a good solution soon.

4 comments:

havetailwillwag said...

you're doing great! hang in there! ringworm is super contagious by the way, and transmittable to humans.. its super duper itchy so don't forget to take care of yourself as well, not just the kitties :)

Jake and Micah said...

We're purring for you all to feel better soon!

Forever Foster said...

I'm so sorry to hear you're having problems with ringworm. It's not a fun thing to deal with at all!

Charlemagne and Tamar said...

We're so sorry to hear about Ginger. That's just heartbreaking.

We hope everyone gets to feeling better soon,
Charlemagne and Tamar