We had the Kitty Shelter raffle draw at midday today. I went along and while there I of course ended up cuddling a whole lot of kitties as there are now over 60 kittens needing forever homes. There are some absolutely stunning kittens.. fluffy and chubby and healthy so we have our hearts hoping that with this pay day weekend coming up people will come in and adopt.
Two more kittens had arrived today a few hours before I got there who were found in baggage control at OR Tambo this morning. Can you believe that! A German couple dropped them off at the Shelter thank goodness and didnt just leave them there.The one seems in a bad way with possible dehydration and a very nasty neck wound so she is straight off to the Vet but the other was in the receiving cage in the front room all on her own and with the shelter owner "M" trying to think of where to make space for her as we do not mix litters as a rule for any potential infection control. She asked me if I knew anyone who may be willing to foster for a week or two until some of the other kittens find homes and then she could be moved back to the Shelter but I honestly don't know anyone available at the moment. I went to see her and she is just so adorable that before I knew it I was opening the cage and cuddling her. She did the classic heart wrenching thing of purring and burrowing into my neck and well what could I do?!?! Next thing she was in a basket and we were on our way to Andy's office which is just 5 minutes from the shelter. Andy had been expecting me at lunch time with sandwiches but when he saw the basket he smiled and nervously asked "is that a cat?". I just started laughing and said "babe just look at her before you say anything!". Well within a minute of taking her out she was on her blanket on his couch in his office, looking around and Andy had run to get a saucer so we could feed her. She gobbled up a whole lot of kitten food that I had brought with from the shelter and then kind of played on her blanket while we stared at her with melting hearts. Andy's mom who works with him was obviously also at the office and we showed her our new baby and she seemed quite smitten too. We told her she is a Nana again :)
I wonder what my mom is going to say?!?!
Andy can see why I felt this could work as she is not needing bottle feeding, is healthy, placid and bloody cute!
Anyhow, the deal is she goes straight to the Vet tomorrow (they were closed for lunch today already when I got there) to check for any nasties like ring worm or funny bacteria in the tummy etc, she has to get along with our 5 residents AND I promised on my own life that I will not bring any more home not even for a night and then she can stay.
Hee hee - I'm definitely going to keep up my end if it means keeping this baby.
I think we are going to name her "Nancy".
Wish us luck!


6 comments:
Nancy is just precious!
oh she is adorable!
Isn't she just! Although.... there is definite potential to be a madam :)
I think she's Purrfect !!!
she's adorable!
from what i can see in the pic she looks like she's a blue tabby mackerel in colour. if she's stripey that's what it's called, if she's dotty then in's spotted and more blotched in pattern then it's a classic tabby. as she is a girl she could be one of the above but with an added tortoise colour to it. hard to tell if you can't see her from all angles. hopefully more pics to come though...:)
good luck with taking care of the little sweetie!
Nancy is just gorgeous! We're down to just two kitties at a time so I have to avoid the adoption fairs at all cost!
Post a Comment