Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Tired

I have not blogged in almost a week which is weird for me. I'm feeling quite tired. I've had a lot to do over the last few days but I am now on track, got my finger on the pulse and in the drivers seat again and expect to feel energised again soon now that I have cleared the paper and mental clutter!
My mom has been away visiting family in Natal for a few days too and I miss her which is weird as I don't see her every single day but just knowing that she is just down the road makes me happy. Some may say I have a bad case of "apron strings" but I so enjoy the relationship my mom and I have now as I am older. My mom did all any one person could to teach us, nurture us, steer us etc and although it is still mother/daughter with bits of advice from mom she is more of my sounding board now, my friend, my fan, my most honest fellow human and well my mom. I think a couple of hours of chin wag time with mom and a glass of wine when she gets back will do the trick!

My mom last week with Prince who I suspect may be her favourite
but sshhhh don't tell the others.

Odi bean having a nice snuggle.

I think I may just follow his lead and do the same this evening.

I

2 comments:

Noll's Nip said...

I'm with you on that! My 85 year old mom lives with me. Having a glass of wine with her - hearing her sing silly German songs - is priceless ;)

BioniKat said...

I'm also just up the road from my parents and although I don't go around too much, it is comforting knowing I can just pop in when I want to.