Monday, June 7, 2010

To procreate or not.....

So... I had my Gynae appointment today and it seems that my Endemetriosis has worsened quite substantially now. I'll be going for the Laproscopy procedure in 3 weeks time to see exactly what is going on as the scan was not terribly clear. My Doctor did however gently advise me that should we wish to have a family we will need to make that decision soon as in like kind of now. Given that I am still in my early 30's and well to put it bluntly, baron, the Doctors and medical profession are obviously inclined to suggest trying to fall pregnant with at least one child. Apparently child birth actually assists with clearing up Endemetriosis. Its almost like a woman's body protesting that it has not yet been used for its very design - procreation and child birth!
I chatted to my aunt and feel a little less panicked now and I'm going to my mom later for coffee and a chat which always helps. I just don't see Andy and I hurtling down this road now when we are so so so not ready and may never be ready, just because we have received this news. While I was waiting to see the Doctor I looked around at the pregnant ladies and mommy's with babies and kept thinking "oh yuk no that's so not for me" and then receive news that well maybe it really is not ever going to be me.
Its weird to be told you cant do something even when you don't want to. Its like a human rebellion I think.
Anyhow, no point getting all worked up until after the procedure when the Doctor will then give me absolutes in terms of choices.
Until then... wine is on the menu!
hee hee

4 comments:

Kea said...

To be honest, I never understood the female desire to have children. I'm missing that biological drive. I'm childless by choice, am 46, and never have regretted that decision.

Whatever you choose to do, please make sure it's your own decision, one free of society's expectations. If you choose to have a child, great. If not, also great.

Universal Blessings and Peace.

Mama Feline said...

Ah Kea thanks for your message. We dont want to be pressured and have to date managed to avoid societies pressures so why give in now eh?
I really appreciate your post. Bright Blessings!

Pia K said...

i totally agree on kea's great comment! (and there are so many unwanted, neglected children in this world already that needs care and love without having to have one's own biological one...)

keep true to yourself and your gut feeling (no pun intended)

*hugs*

HubbleSpacePaws said...

Just another voice saying, "Be true to yourself." I hemmed and hawed on children, and didn't because I always thought you should really, really want them. Then nature took the choice out of my hands. And you know what, it's OK. I've directed my belated maternal urges elsewhere - youth at church, nieces and nephews and yes, fostering cats.

If you and Andy decide your nurturing should go toward children, and you don't have them now, adoption or foster programs will be very lucky to have you.