Thursday, July 1, 2010

Alive and kicking (well almost)

My procedure went well and I am pleased to report I escaped with all bits in tact :)
It is blooming sore though and I am making use of the high dosage pain killers every 6 hours and the anti inflammatory twice daily.
Because the procedure involves filling the abdominal cavity with carbon dioxide I am left with what feels like wind in my tummy and shoulder blades and it hurts like hell. Now I know why babies scream when they have wind!
My mom is amazing and mixed an aromatherapy oil for me to add to baths, rub on feet and back and help alleviate some of the discomfort.
I'm on a liquid diet until Saturday and then a soft food diet for one day and then back to solids on Sunday. Yippeeee bring on bread and cheese and pasta please :)
For now I will make do with Woolies soups, yoghurt's and custard - hee hee.
Bathing is a bit of a pain as the 3 incisions are not allowed to get wet. My mom came and helped me bath today and we came up with the idea of using cling wrap over my tummy. A sight for candid camera I tell you!
My follow up consult is next Wed and I am looking forward to having the stitches out.

2 comments:

Kea said...

Sending lots of purrs from the kitties and healing Light from the human for a speedy recovery!

BioniKat said...

So glad to hear all went well. Sorry about the pain. Pain makes us appreciate being painfree. Thank goodness mom is around to help out. All the best.