Wow I feel great this morning and that in itself feels great!
My mom came to see me after work yesterday and when she arrived I was literally in tears, beside myself and totally agitated. She realised something was seriously amiss when I didn't even want my cats near me and so she took charge. She had actually told Corrie two nights earlier that she didn't agree with the pain meds the Doctor had prescribed as she had seen many people react badly to them but she didn't want to interfere so she had not said anything but yesterday she decided to say something. She told me to leave those pills, forget the liquid diet and eat something and have some fruit to get my system working again. Well I tell you as the minutes and hours ticked away and those pills worked out of my system I felt myself calming down and as though a veil was lifted and I could feel my old happy self coming back. Those pills are a definite depressant and suppress vital body functions.
This morning my bodily functions have returned and with that the "pain" has gone!!! I can breathe, move easily and feel light and happy and my tummy is already getting flatter and not as distorted as it was looking last night. Even the stitches are not sore today as my tummy has flattened and stopped pulling so badly. Just goes to show that medication can in fact hinder recovery!
I do still feel a little tender around the cuts but nothing like yesterday and my precious kitties must be relieved that their mommy is no longer a psycho mad lady - hee hee
Here here to cats, health, mom's, my Fiance and general happy life again!
Shew :)
3 comments:
Haven't been by in a few days and took in the journey in one swat.
So glad your mom intervened and that you're on the upswing as a result. She's so right - all meds aren't good for all people and we need to listen to our bodies. Prayers for a speedy recovery.
Mind you, I'm not a doctor basher - it's impossible to always get treatment right as each person's system is different. Do be sure to tell the doc so he can add your experience, and your mom's observations, to his knowledge base. And maybe, just maybe, you'll help save some other kittehs and from experiencing the psycho mad mommy syndrome! Sorry you and yours had to experience it!!
I agree and I feel for Doctors in many ways as they surely have their hands full with such varying patients. Some are hectic in terms of wanting to avoid pain at all costs and so I think Doctors may be inclined to give maximum medication. I should also have realised something was wrong but I felt quite "out of it" and totally irrational so yes thank goodness mom assessed and stepped in. I think we also need to take responsibility for our own bodies and healing process and find what works while taking into consideration a Doctors advice but not necesarily following it to the T.
My experience has been that conventional medication usually upsets the balance of other things and I prefer to find holistic solutions. For now healthy diet, hot water bottle and just regular old over the counter pain meds are good and of course my precious kitties up close to me :)
Thanks for stopping by and I certainly will tell the Doctor what happened.
Will be interesting to hear what he says.
Whew...haven't been by your blog for a while. Thought you were still having fun at the World Cup -now see that you aren't! Glad to hear you are on the mend though and have your darling kittehs to help you get there.
Post a Comment