Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A nose or two out of joint?

I have to chuckle at a blogger who responded on another blog I follow in a shall we say less than pleasant manner. I will however give her some credit as she did so with her Identity showing and not Anonymously so that does show some degree of character.
Anyhow, its all about soccer and FIFA these days and many a heated debate has arisen surrounding players and rules and Africa as a whole.
I was quite amused to note that said blogger was disappointed when USA lost to Ghana and yet takes umbrage with Africans who are gutted about the Ghana loss to Uruguay, not because we are sore losers but because of how it played out. Apparently I live in a la la fantasy land because I feel the FIFA rules failed that match. Now I wonder if this is not just another nose out of joint because Ghana, a third world African country actually gave some first world countries a jolly good run for their money?!?
Hmmmmm?!?!
Never mind, we will never know the true reason for the vuvuzela hate, the FIFA support of cheating or the horror of some that Africa has pulled this off but what we do know is that SA rocks, Ghana rocks, Bafana rocks and bully to us!
From a proudly South African, cat loving, la la lander - ha ha ha ha ha ha



2 comments:

BioniKat said...

I have gained some satisfaction from the fact that Uruguay lost to the Netherlands last night. I dont like the way they 'won' against Ghana. May the best team win.

Being the Mum said...

you said it !