Monday, August 23, 2010

Odi Boy Back at Home

My Odi boy is home. He seems very sleepy and not quite 100% but that is to be expected after his horrid ordeal. I was quite insistent that he come home and I stand by my decision as he has now also developed stomach ulcers due to stress of being in the animal hospital. When I visited on Saturday I told the nurse that while I appreciate the care I do believe Odi will recover better at home once he is stabilised. I was a bit cross when they told me about the stomach ulcers but I do realise it is not their fault and I am just angry about humans in general. He has been given antibiotic and pills for the ulcers to take at home and I know I am the best nurse for my boy.

The official diagnosis was a viral infection causing vomiting and dehydration with the pellet gun bullets as a secondary cause for concern. The day duty Vet said it is his opinion to leave the pellets alone but the night duty Vet suggested we bring Odi back soon to have at least one pellet removed and tested for toxicity levels and then probably best to remove all 14. What do you do when Vets at the same clinic have opposing theories?!?!

I think for now I will just wrap him up warm in his favourite spot with a soft blanket, love him to bits and show him he is safe and see how he goes before committing to any surgeries. I'll also do some research online.

Thank you for all the messages for my Odi boy.... I passed them all on to him and he sends purrs back.

6 comments:

Kea said...

We're still purring for Odi and sending healing universal Light. He'll definitely feel better at home. Paws crossed all will be well.

Maybe consult with another vet clinic entirely, since you have opposing opinions at your own clinic? Never hurts to get another point of view!

BioniKat said...

I bet Odi is absolutely thrilled to be home. Cats dont like being uprooted from their routine. Hope he gets better soon.

Forever Foster said...

Sweet Odi! What an ordeal the poor boy has been through. We are so thankful that you rescued him and he has known so much love and kindness. Hopefully he doesn't even remember the bad times now that you've given him so many good memories.

meowmeowmans said...

We're so sorry that Odi has had to go through so much, but glad that he is home with you now. We are purring and praying!

Fiona Kathleen Hogan said...

Really happy to hear Odi is back where he belongs. I hope he recovers soon!

Noll's Nip said...

Poor Odi. I wish I could wave a wand and all the mean people in this world would be gone.

I think the better opinion is to remove one of the pellets and check for toxicity. The Internet probably has loads of information.