I certainly was a busy bee today not just with work and the usual Monday mayhem but because of bees quite literally.
I went into the bathroom next to my office in the house for a widdle at mid morning and my eyes almost popped out of my head. There was Nancy on the windowsill trying to catch a whole bunch of bees buzzing around the bathroom. What the? Where did they come from? I pushed Nancy out of the bathroom away from harm and then saw a bee come through the plughole of the bath and then I heard the bees hitting against the bath from the out and underside of the house. It sounded like hail under the bath!
I quickly ran out, shutting the door behind me and went and had a look down the side of the house. There was a huge swarm of bees buzzing madly at the plumbing pipes and window. I could tell they were in task mode and it was best to steer clear and call the Professionals for advice.
Well I was just shocked and horrified at how many of these "Professionals" advised me they would have to terminate the bees OR rip up my bathroom if I insisted on saving them.
I sms'd Stella Seaspirit and she advised I call her mum who gave me a whole lot of great advice on how to smoke the bees out with incense rather than killing them.
Fortunately another chap phoned me back then too and he shared our sentiments that killing bees is ridiculous as they are not pests and there is a huge shortage of bees in South Africa so every precaution should be taken to rather safely remove and relocate bees than terminate them.
He will come tomorrow and do just that.
Live and let live and let the bees be!
1 comment:
scary stuff! and people are just so incredibly stupid and ignorant, the idea of killing them is so beyond... i don't know what! the world needs bees, that should be very obvious for anyone who hasn't lived under a rock. i hope you get the issue sorted in a kind and good manner, great that you managed to get in contact with a guy that shared that sensible notion on bees:)
Post a Comment