My Mom and Corrie had booked a weekend away ages ago and they decided to still go as staying at home would not bring Jack back. I am glad they went as they both need a break from JHB, work and life!
I met them at their home late yesterday afternoon to say bye and get details from my mom on what plants need watering etc as I'll be looking after the house and cats while they away.
I went back there at around 7pm to feed the kitties and spend some time with them while I watched Brothers & Sisters upstairs in my Mom & Corrie's TV area. Mia soon came and fell fast asleep on the foot cushion in front of me and then little Joe came and fell asleep next to me.
I sms'd Andy and suggested I sleep over as I just couldn't leave them. So there I stayed with Mia and Joe and they slept close all night. It was actually so nice to spend time with them and soothed my sore heart. I didn't sleep terribly well though and I left at 6am this morning to come back and get to work as it is a busy day!
One of the first things on my list was to call the Estate Agents and ask where our keys are as transfer went through into our name yesterday.
Well I didn't expect to hear what I was told. The Seller is refusing point blank to vacate what is now OUR home until December.
We have figured out that he is a calculating nasty man as he knows even if we go the eviction route it will take time and money and will not get him out much before December anyway. He has his money and our home and is siting pretty and this is after he told us he wanted to move ASAP like this weekend. What give now we will probably never really know.
Luckily Andrew specialises in this sort of dispute so we are in good hands but my my the human race never ceases to amaze me with their tangled web of deceit.
2 comments:
I hope that nasty man is going to pay rent if he refuses to vacate. Are you sure he has received all the money yet. Contact the attorneys and tell them what is happening. Maybe they can deduct occupational rental before they pay the money across. He should only receive his money when he vacates.
Good luck with this s.o.b. The worst of human nature doesn't surprise me anymore, though I can't comprehend it (thank goodness). I'm more surprised by the kindness and grace of humans--which is a sad commentary on our species and how accustomed we are to hearing only the negative.
Post a Comment