Wednesday, October 13, 2010

RIP Little Jack

Those who have been following my blog for some time may remember the mommy cat and her kittens that I brought into our home who were homeless and in a cage at our Vet.

They stayed with us initially, sectioned off away from my cats just to give them some space while I made a better long term plan for them. Good Friend's of ours took the little girl kitten and my Mom and Corrie took Mia the Mommy and her two boy kittens who they lovingly named Jack and Joe.

This morning a terrible thing happened. Corrie went out early for his morning cycle and found little Jack in the road, dead, having been hit by a car.

This is devastating as although they adore each kitty to bits, Jack was somehow just a very special kitty who was the apple of their eye. I cant even imagine Corrie's horror as the realisation of what he was seeing set in in those split seconds. I don't know how he found the courage to pick up the little body or to go and tell my mom. This is a cat lovers nightmare and I wish so badly I could undo this and take all this pain away for them. They had made their home such a safe haven for cats and I don't know how he got out but I suppose that is the nature of a cat.

Dear little Jack, your big brother Diesel will be waiting for you at the Bridge. He cant wait to meet you and to take you by your precious white paw and show you all the awesome things on that side. We will never forget you sweet boy and we know your presence will be with us.
Rest in peace dear little soul.

3 comments:

Kea said...

We are so, so sorry about Jack. Sending comforting purrs to his humans. :-(

BioniKat said...

I'm so sorry. We've all been through this so many times.

Tamara said...

That's awful :-( I'm so sorry for your mom and Corrie.