Monday, November 29, 2010

Hot, bothered and stressed

It is scorching hot in JHB again today and I am feeling truly limp. I should be packing up my study but I am battling to find the energy or motivation in this heat.
There is so much to be done before we move and while I am getting to tick some of the boxes I know I am not my usual highly efficient self today and that in itself is stressing me out. My tummy is not feeling great and I am quite convinced it is pure anxiety.
I have managed to book a locksmith, an electrician and confirmed bookings at the house cleaners and removal company and cancelled the Telkom phone. I still need to call the security company, carry on packing and search for a set of keys to one of the outside doors which seems to be missing and various other things in and amongst a normal day at work. I so should have booked leave this week!

Isn't is strange how quickly we fall into a laxy dazy routine in our home until we sell it and then realise how much work needs to be done, suddenly remember repairs that should have been done ages ago which we have learnt to live with and our home goes from a safe haven to a hell stop!

I cant wait to be in our new home, swimming in the pool and reaping the benefits of stressing now.

Now would the rain please come and cool the JHB earth already?!?

1 comment:

JC said...

Well, I just got done with five inches of snow ... so, I'll take your heat wave !!!