Sunday, May 15, 2011

Baby Room

We went to get my phone upgrade today and while they were processing the paperwork Andy and I went to a little shop I have seen many times before which stocks baby and kiddie furniture. I have never been inside until today and oh my word the items in there are gorgeous!
We saw a stunning sleigh cot which seemed pricey but there was a helpful lady who showed us that it can be used right up to about age 5 or 6 depending on how big/tall the child gets. Once the child is big enough for a bed the sides of the cot can be removed and it becomes a bed and then later on can even be adjusted into a couch so its basically an item of furniture that we could use for a number of years for our child and then forever actually as a couch making the cost negligible over time. They also have a multitude of fabrics to choose from for linens etc in gender specific shades as well as unisex and neutral and the most gorgeous trinket type goodies for babies and young boys and girls as well as wardrobes, compactums, little desks and chairs and lamps etc.
I can see we will have fun in that shop once we are a little further down the line and especially once we know the sex of our baby.
I always desperately wanted a girl so that I could pink and fairy the heck out of her room but now I am really not bothered whether we have a boy or girl. I know that little boys can be terribly loving and much fun too.
Such exciting times ahead !



I

No comments: