I have always been interested in the psyche behind bullying and have made my disgust most clear towards any bullies I have come across from the schoolyard bruiser, to the Manager against a cleaner, to the husband against a wife to the customer against a waitron.
I have no time or patience for it at all!
Now that I am soon to be a parent I am even more horrified when I hear of it most especially the incidents in pre-schools. We are talking little humans under the age of 6 and they are bullying physically and mentally.
My friends little girl aged 3 was bullied again at pre-school today by the same child this time with a bucket repeatedly bashed against her head. That is NOT normal and NOT part of normal child interaction and testing of boundaries.
This is the umpteenth time her child has been battered and today she insisted on viewing the classroom footage and there it was for all to see in black and white. Same child, different "weapon".
She sends her little one to the pre-school so that she can interact and play with other little ones so that it is not a huge shock when the time comes for her to go to "big school" but only leaves her there a few hours, three times a week. Now she is going to pull her out and make other arrangements for social interaction because the teachers just refuse to do anything or watch more carefully stating they have too many kids on their hands to watch each child all the time. They also say they cant tell the parents what to do and they cant smack this bully so their hands are tied.
For this bullying child's own sake someone needs to take accountability here and soon and surely as a parent one would WANT to know if their child was doing this sort of thing to others?!
I just don't know where this world is going. I wonder why teach manners and courtesy when this type of thing is going on relentlessly and with no consequence and leaves the "good" kids quite frankly at a disadvantage because they have been taught not to grab, punch, hurt, shout and so even when bullied they are trying to be polite little people and just get panelled over and over again!
My word, so help me, if I were to see a child, no matter how small or young bashing my own child's head I may just very well grab it and give it a jolly good bashing of its own!
I say an eye for an eye and stuff turning the other cheek!
1 comment:
Sadly this kind of bullying behaviour tends to be a sign that the child is hurting, most likely from stuff that is happening at home. The parents may not be equipped with the know-how to deal with whatever is going on. The trained professional caregivers could be voicing concern at the very least.
Post a Comment