Thursday, May 19, 2011

Kitties everywhere I go

I'm travelling again, seeing clients. The ladies who work at one of the branches save all the kitties in the area, feed them and let them sleep on their desks, in their filing cabinets and in baskets at their feet. Oh wow it is so cool. I love going there! There are gingers, tabbies and grey and whites and a shy black and white and then a very content little pure grey. I always spend the first 10 minutes with the cats and the chap I go to see is very patient about it thank goodness and then I spend ages after the meeting chatting to the ladies and playing with the kitties some more. Its so awesome to see there are other people out there who love felines and go to great lengths to help them.

At the Lodge where I am staying tonight (http://www.nomndeni.co.za/accomm.htm), I also spotted a kitty who looks just like my Odi cat. I called to the kitty, trying to entice it to my room but it is a little wary and preferred to blink at me from a distance. I don't mind travelling but I really miss my kitties so so much and Andy too of course :)

Its terrible warm here close to the Mozambique border and I am actually in a T-shirt and slops as I type after 9pm... and its winter! South Africa has such a broad spectrum climate from province to province and its quite nice to travel and see the rest of the country every now and then. I want Andy to come with on one of these trips so we can dine on Mozambique prawns together and he can see where I go and where I stay. I can certainly recommend this lodge! Its all rather like an adventure, at least in the evenings when the meetings are over.

Good nite Andy and good nite my kitty kids. Be good for dad and snuggle him while mom is away.

No comments: