Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A week's worth of catch up

What a busy week it has been again!
I like to try to blog at least once a week and kind of catch up in writing here as I find this serves as a wonderful register of "when I did what and when what happened to who" kind of thing too.
So lets see, what happened in my life this week in no order of importance:

1. Andy built me an awesome green mesh fencing barricade in the garden which allows our 2 new kitty boys to have access to a section of the garden whenever they like without the fear that Nancy will get them and hurt them. They can now essentially go in and out of the spare room through the window and have grass, soil, trees and fresh air as well as the comfy indoors without me having to lock Nancy away before they can do so. It is absolute bliss and Andy rocks! Nancy has also been watching Marlon and Vinnie through the mesh barricade and seems to be getting more used to the idea of their presence and less aggressive looking which is progress in itself.

2. I am up to date on my tax return and I don't owe the tax man for the present year. Yay!

3. Blackberry Messaging has not been working and is driving me nuts. I'll probably never know how many messages and requests I have missed from clients :(

4. Clients and a whole lotta humans continue to disappoint me this week :(

5. We had another baby scan yesterday. I was rather pleased we had this appointment booked as on Sunday evening I went to the loo for a wee and passed what I can only describe as a "dollop" of bright red blood. It was like a once off thing and that was it. I just had to call Andy to look because I was a little freaked out and needed another person to sound this off. Its so weird how life changes as couples progress in their relationship. When we first met I wouldn't even have let Andy see my dirty socks lying around never mind a thing like this! I must say I don't think there is anything I couldn't /wouldn't share with Andy now though. I was in no mood to go rushing off to the hospital on a Sunday evening for a check and as I say it was a one off and then stopped and I had no pain other than backache from moving furniture. PG also continued to move just as she always does and so we stayed put.  Fortunately my OB/GYN checked everything yesterday and confirmed that there is nothing wrong, baby, pregnancy and I are all fine apart from some thrush which I have developed during the pregnancy which can lead to the type of bleed I experienced. It is by no means serious but should be treated and so he prescribed some medication and I should be right as rain again in a few days. I also need to watch my sugar intake to control the thrush and eat more things like yogurt with probiotics.
Andy's mom came with us to the scan and was able to view her granddaughter in my tummy and she loved it. PG was playing along nicely and looking right at all of us with her big round head and what look like enormous eye sockets :) PG is now almost 27 weeks along, weighs 950 grams, heart beat is 150bpm and all is well well well. Due date has moved again slightly to 14 Jan 2012. Yay! I so hope she stays put through December and only comes in Jan and the later in Jan the better. I have gained 5.9kg's so far. I know its very normal but shew those numbers on the scale are nasty!

6. Our new chest of drawers in a dark wood colour for our bedroom FINALLY arrived on Saturday. We have been waiting 2 months for it to arrive via sea. It is stunning and fits our room size and decor just perfectly.

7. I can now use the older chest of drawers for baby room as it has a really soft white wash finish which is perfect and matches the cot.

8. My mom and I completed our Santa Shoe box project on Saturday. It was fun and felt good to know that 6 socially underprivileged children will receive something lovely on Christmas day.

9. Our little break away at the end of the month is all booked and confirmed. I cant wait! Five nights of pure bliss in a private little villa on the lagoon with a deck and private pool. Yes please! I will just be starting my 3rd trimester when we leave so this really is probably the last little break we will take away from JHB until after PG is born.

10. The abused kitty that Andy and I sponsored and raised funds for to be medically treated and re homed will have his eye stitches out this Friday and is making such progress this week. He has even remembered how to purr now that he is not being hurt daily. His foster mom is all set and ready for his arrival at her home next week. Yay!

11. We have booked and paid deposit for the landscaping of new lawn for November when we return from Knysna. It will be so awesome to have lush grass and no more "bald dry grey spots". Just in time too for when PG arrives and I will surely want to put up an umbrella and lie with her on the grass while I am on maternity leave

12. Its Andy's 20 year school reunion coming up on 29 Oct (his birthday by coincidence) and I'm wondering what to wear?!?!


That is about all I can remember so toodaloo for now and I do hope to do a picture post of cats and bump again soon!
Have a great week everyone.

1 comment:

Fiona Kathleen Hogan said...

Alas, people constantly disappoint me, no matter how low I set my standards lol.

PS - private pool + deck + awesome view sounds fantastic!!