Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The beauty of online shopping

I love to shop but I have to admit that when it comes to shopping for birthday presents for our friends' kids I am not quite as keen. Invariably the toy stores are full of:
- Screaming kids throwing tantrums because their parents refuse to buy something or the other,
- Excited kids running blindly and bashing into people because their parents have agreed to buy them whatever they want,
- Dozy parents blocking isles with prams or trolleys, staring blankly at items and completely unaware of their surroundings,
- Rude and unhelpful staff,
- Badly packed shelves with items that are jam packed onto them and virtually impossible to retrieve or kind of teeter on the edges threatening to come crashing down onto people,
- Isle upon isle upon isle of never ending choices that is just bound to cause a maniacal response in any adult or child,
- Badly marked prices which more often than not mean I end up at the till about to pay and suddenly realise that no those building blocks are not R99 but instead R250 but by this stage I am so ready to run for my life that I just huff, wave a hand, pay and leave as quick as I can no longer caring that I have dropped a small fortune in total on a non family child.

So.... this time I was really smart about it all. I went online and shopped for what I wanted according to budget in the safety and serenity of my own home and my goods will be delivered to my door on Friday in good time for me to check them, wrap them and I think I actually chose really well because I was not so harassed by the whole experience.
A gift is supposed to be filled with goodwill and with online shopping I may just have found a way to restore that idea :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He he, I totally agree about shopping! In fact you could almost say that about any huge commercial store! (Not just toy stores) But I laugh because soon you'll be a mom chasing her toddler through a toy store (yes,it happens to me now) whilst trying to choose a toy for said toddler! Eek!

BioniKat said...

Congratulations! Yet another use for the internet. I am making full use of the internet for job hunting at the moment. I also dont like shopping centres and online shopping sounds like an excellent idea to me.