Monday, November 7, 2011

A whole lotta catch up again

Our little holiday in the Western Cape has come to an end. We had such an awesome time and I'm finding the Monday morning back to reality a little harsh. It was rather chilly and windy on most days so we didn't really spend hours and hours on the beaches but had a fab time anyhow sightseeing, relaxing at the Villa and trying out loads of new restaurants which was a treat but my butt is regretting it this week :)
We slept like logs and I got to see that carefree side of my husband again which I was worried had been deeply buried beneath his work load and may never have resurfaced but it did and it made me happy.
Some catch up below:

- I am now in my 30th week of pregnancy and slightly freaked to read in my weekly newsletter today that fake contractions may very well be experienced this week. Woa! Stop the bus!

- I have less than 10 weeks to get all the last bits of home and baby DIY done. Eeeek!!!

- I commence training of my stand in Risk Manager for while I am on maternity leave from next week already!

- The Landscapers started our garden project today pulling up the old grass which cant be revived and laying fresh new lawn as well as cobble stone edging and new garden beds. Its noisy but very professional and all outside at least so not a huge annoyance.

- The cat saga continues. Nancy just will not relent even a little. I am ready to pull my hair out and desperately need her to accept the two new boys so that all cats can go anywhere and we can stop living with sectioned off areas and dividing our time between the boys and Nancy. It sucks!

- Our Domestic Worker has pissed me off big time! Long story but basically while we were away she claimed she couldn't feel the keys in the postbox and promptly went home leaving our house sitter to clean before we returned. She also pulled the whole "I cant hear you thing" when I tried to call her to find out where she was at 9am. I'm getting that uneasy feel in my gut again :(

- My Mom and I have decided to forego a baby shower as it was just becoming such a hassle trying to find a date at end Nov or into Dec to accommodate various people. We will instead have a "welcome baby" party for after PG is born in around Feb/March next year when things will have calmed down a bit and it can be better factored into everyones lives including mine.


Will post some holiday pics soon.

No comments: